Domino’s Pizza is set to open in Dhaka.


Within the next three months, the world’s largest pizza chain-Domino’s, is set to serve their famous pizzas to Bangladeshi customers.

The American pizza brand is to make its entry via Golden Harvest QSR, a subsidiary of Golden Harvest Agro Industries; who has gone into a joint venture with Jubilant FoodWorks, who is the master franchise holder of Domino’s Pizza in India. Jubilant FoodWorks has exclusive rights to develop and operate the American chain restaurant, Domino’s brand in Sri Lanka, Bangladesh and Nepal as well.
Jubilant FoodWorks will be the major shareholder in the joint venture entity — Jubilant Golden Harvest Limited, owning 51 percent of the new company. Bangladesh’s Golden Harvest will hold the rest of the 49 percent share.” This statement was in Jubilant FoodWorks website on Tuesday.

Bangladesh is the eighth most populous country in the world, with a high poupalation density and a young demographic, allowing a great growth opportunity for Domino’s in Bangladesh, said Pratik Pota, chief executive officer of Jubilant FoodWorks.

After Pizza Hut, Pizza Inn and Sbarro, Domino’s would be the fourth American pizza chain to enter Bangladesh.

Domino’s Pizza will be offering pizzas, sandwiches, pastas and chicken wing, with a reasonable pricing. The 30-minute delivery service will also be rolled out. The pizza ingredients will be provided by Golden harvest, while Jubilant FoodWorks, will be in charge of the stores and the other logistics.

Golden Harvest Managing Director Rajeeb Samdani said in the statement that the partnership has huge potential, since,“Pizza is a growing food segment in the country and there will be a huge potential for pizza.”

According to Mohius Samad Choudhury, a director of Golden Harvest Group, the paid-up capital of the joint venture company would be Tk 10 crore and about Tk 15 crore would be spent to set up the joints and other logistics.


Leave A Reply